Robotics Club was started in 2016 as an extension to our school’s Applied Learning Programme in Design, Technology and Engineering. The club believes in providing ample opportunities for our members to “Dream, Design and Build”.
Students undergo training during CCA sessions which equip them with basic workshop skills, understanding of electronics and coding which enables them to develop their analytical thinking and problem solving skills. In addition, students are developed and nurtured in the makers mindset through the training and use of CAD software such as Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Fusion 360.
Utilizing the skillsets acquired, students design and realize their own creations through 3D printing and laser cutting. Students are also able to build and program their own robots to fulfill a given task/problem and further enrich their experience through participation in competitions.
To widen the students’ knowledge in STEM and its applications, students embark on learning journeys to places like Mint Toy Museum, Science Centre, Make the Future Singapore exhibition, Google Office and Aviation Open House.
Above all, we firmly believe in nurturing our students’ resilience, self-discipline, character and 21st CC skills through the 4 years of CCA experience.
- World Robot Games 2016 (Singapore) SUMOBot 1 kg Category Gold, Silver, Bronze
- Toy Design Competition 2016 – Autodesk Inventor + Autodesk Fusion Aircraft Design Category – 3 Merit Awards
- World Robot Games 2017 (Singapore) SUMOBot 1 kg Category Gold, Bronze
- Toy Design Competition 2017 – Autodesk Inventor + Autodesk Fusion Aircraft Design
Category – 1 Merit award, 2 Commendation Awards
- 8 students were awarded the YEA Gold Award in 2017
- Future Transportation Challenge - Achieved second runner up for Best Design Car
- World Robot Games 2018 (Singapore) – SUMOBot 1kg Category Silver, Bronze
- Toy Design Competition 2018 – Autodesk Inventor + Autodesk Fusion Playground Design Category – 1 Merit award, 1 Commendation Awards
- IDE(Innovation Design and Engineering) Series 2019 – IDE Maker (Arduino) category, Engineering Award
- IDE(Innovation Design and Engineering) Series 2019 – IDE Challenge category, Design Award
- Singapore VEX Robotics Championship 2019 – Silver Award in Secondary Division, Best New Comer Award
- Drone Odyssey Challenge 2019 – 4th, 6th and 10th position
- Toy Design Competition 2019 – Autodesk Inventor + Autodesk Fusion Space Exploration Design Category – 1 Merit award, 1 Commendation Awards